My Contents

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

HOWTO: Fix WiFi dropouts on the Nokia N95.

From the minute I read up about the Nokia N95 to the minute I got the phone WiFi was definitely one of the most anticipated features for myself. Unfortunately for myself, and some others, I experienced constant WiFi dropouts.

Yesterday while checking the N95 discussion on the Whirlpool Forums I came across a solution which thankfully solved my problem. All you need to do is turn of the WiFi Powersave feature on your phone, to do so do the following:


1. Open the phones 'Settings' application.


2. Select 'Connection' from the menu.

3. Scroll down to 'Wireless LAN' and select it.

4. Hit the options button (left soft key) and select 'Advanced Settings'.

5. When the following warning screen appears select Yes to enter the Advanced Settings screen.

6. Click 'Automatic configuration' to set it to Disabled.

7. Scroll down to the 'Power saving' option in the menu and set it to Disabled

You should now be able to use the WiFi features of your Nokia N95 without any annoying dropouts.


The downside to this is that with the Power saving feature disabled the WiFi will consume more power and drain the battery with intensive use, but considering the option it is definitely an improvement.

No comments: